Options

Fail The A+ OS

catroncatron Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can any one help me to get material that on the a+ os that would be up to date. I use ****.com and I have only 8 question off my hold study guide.I was making 100 on the practice test.And study for a month.And on the a+os exam their was question on buletooth. Can some one help me please. I need to get my a+ so I can get a job.

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    LOL.
    witty comment
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You didn't study for a month. You tried to memorize test questions for a month. Then you got hit with questions that weren't on your illegal **** material.

Try buying Mike Meyers A+ book and study the material rather than try to **** by memorizing test questions from a braindump site.

Oh, and not that it matters, but you also posted an A+ question in the Net+ forum. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    catroncatron Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    catron wrote:
    Can any one help me to get material that on the a+ os that would be up to date. I use "products my way through exams . and I have only 8 question off my hold study guide.I was making 100 on the practice test.And study for a month.And on the a+os exam their was question on buletooth. Can some one help me please. I need to get my a+ so I can get a job.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    _omni_ wrote:
    LOL.
    witty comment
  • Options
    tec2mbpstec2mbps Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    catron wrote:
    Can any one help me to get material that on the a+ os that would be up to date. I use "products to **** my way through exams because I'm too darn lazy to actually study for it".com and I have only 8 question off my hold study guide.I was making 100 on the practice test.And study for a month.And on the a+os exam their was question on buletooth. Can some one help me please. I need to get my a+ so I can get a job.

you cant be lazy to study certified certs. YOU need to be more hardworking.
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Interesting! What we are saying is that you memorized questions and answers without understanding the material. You felt confident because you were scoring 100% on the practice material - when you took the test, it was pretty much the same information but presented in a different way. You couldn't apply the information you memorized because you did not understand it.

I was once a site lead over 7 techs when we needed to hire another desktop technician. One guy we interviewed had just got his MCSE (NT 4.0) after a long career in making window blinds. We asked him some very basic technical questions, and all that he could do was reiterate test answers. He had no concept of the issues that users themselves bring to technical problems, and he had never heard of a link light. It was really sad, and I think it left a strong, negative impression on me about certifications in general.

People who memorize the material, but don't understand it give themselves, the certification process, and their companies a bad name. Now, I am not getting on your case specifically here, but it bothers us all because it cheapens what we have worked so hard to achieve.

There was a time that I thought I just deserved certifications based on my experience - especially based on that interview with the MCSE. It wasn't until recently when I made a concerted effort to learn the material that I learned what I did not know about Server 2003. I really thought that i knew more than I did. Studying for 70-290 has been humbling. After I got over the inital shock and depth of the material, I have been really excited to learn new things.
    Which bring to mind an old Chinese saying:
    "A man's wisdom should not be judged on what he knows, but what he knows that he does not know"

The hardest students to teach in my classes are the ones who are already computer savvy. They are the computer geniuses of their friends and families. They think they know more than they do and are very difficult to teach because they have no idea what they do not know.

We're here to help you ... but don't forget, only you can take the exams.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    deneb829 wrote:
    There was a time that I thought I just deserved certifications based on my experience - especially based on that interview with the MCSE. It wasn't until recently when I made a concerted effort to learn the material that I learned what I did not know about Server 2003. I really thought that i knew more than I did. Studying for 70-290 has been humbling. After I got over the inital shock and depth of the material, I have been really excited to learn new things.
    Which bring to mind an old Chinese saying:
    "A man's wisdom should not be judged on what he knows, but what he knows that he does not know"

Spot on, mate icon_thumright.gif

The hardest students to teach in my classes are the ones who are already computer savvy. They are the computer geniuses of their friends and families. They think they know more than they do and are very difficult to teach because they have no idea what they do not know.

I have work experience students like this where I worked. They think 'cause they know what the fastest nVidia graphics cards is and can apply **** patches to Splinter Cell and connect via a game server that they're jets.

Try to get 'em to do some old-skool DOS format/fdisk commands and they don't have a clue. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    12beatechie12beatechie Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    deneb829 wrote:
    saying:

Well said, right on!!!!!
    The sky is the limit!