Job at Microsoft

Hey guys......
just wondering, how hard is it to get a job at microsoft since i'm now MCP icon_lol.gif
stonecold26.jpg

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    LOL, it's not hard at all. All you've got to do is read "The Art of Programming" volumes 1 - 3 from cover to cover and you've got a job. It says so, right on the back:

"If you finish these books, give me a call. I want you working with my company. - Bill Gates"

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    Slowhand wrote:
    LOL, it's not hard at all. All you've got to do is read "The Art of Programming" volumes 1 - 3 from cover to cover and you've got a job. It says so, right on the back:

"If you finish these books, give me a call. I want you working with my company. - Bill Gates"

LOL
    stonecold26.jpg
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    to work for MS isn't hard as an outysource partenr but to be a MS internal employee you gotta be good and have some connections
  • KAEW 1KAEW 1 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did not get any job yet either icon_sad.gificon_confused.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I get a call from a Microsoft recruiter every three years or so. The first question asked is "Are you willing to relocate to Redmond, Washington?" My answer is always "no." I then receive the reply, "Thank you very much for your time. Have a good day."

I know several people who have received training at the Microsoft campus in Redmond, and they have all remarked how over-worked the employees look. Microsoft doesn't sound like the happiest place on Earth, so be careful what you wish for. Anyway, for us programmers, Google is the new tech-opportunity Mecca.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I guess I 'am' a MS fan then, because I'd never turn down a 'good' job at Microsoft. Though, unless indeed I was working for Google already ;)
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    During one of my college years - 01', MS came to the school and hired 30 seniors from the engineering college to relocate and work on the CPU line. I think they started out at like 40K year. It created quit a buzz, they paid the students like 4K to move.
  • ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck job hunters :D
    :study: