What's hot ?

ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey folks

Just wondering if you were to choose from Networking or Storage( data backup and recovery etc stuff) as you future job which one would you pick any why?

I think both have future as any company cant survive without either of them but i dont wanna field job rushing here and there..

So which one would be a better option .. experts plz..
:study:

Comments

• SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    From what I've seen in the field and in job postings storage seems to be a real hot job. Personally I'd like to get some experience in SAN environments.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    storage in this context is also "networking", but you are probably referring to Storage vs. Routing/Switching?

Check Cisco's CCIE page and you will see that Routing/Switching is still most popular, however Storage is gaining ridiculus amount of popularity.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/certified_ccies/worldwide.html
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    but what I will add to that Sheep is that routing and switching if the foundation for the SAN, Security, voice etc network tracks.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • ms_visioms_visio Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    storage in this context is also "networking", but you are probably referring to Storage vs. Routing/Switching?

Check Cisco's CCIE page and you will see that Routing/Switching is still most popular, however Storage is gaining ridiculus amount of popularity.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/certified_ccies/worldwide.html

Ya I was referring to Routing/Switching. Although I am just a CCNA and recently where i work i realized that how popular is the Storage industry getting. And my work involves a bit of low end storage which will eventually increase with time.

Although in the beginning i always thought to go in Internetworking field (Cisco stuff) but my job doesnt involves any hands on with networking (solid base is although very helpful always). So i am kinda leaning towards storage side. So was just wondering if i was making the right choice :P
    :study: