Options

Passed Network+, on to CCNA!

james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, exam didn't start good when I could not remember the bit length of a MAC address, sad... finally pulled myself together and realized it was 32, ok, then realized it was 48. I don't mix too well with exams! Anyway, I scraped a 720 together and that was that.

I actually found this easier, and indeed scored higher than the A+ exams. There were more conecpts to understand, the A+ I found was a lot more memorization, maybe it's just me.

Used the Sybex book and Mike Meyers Passport, along with the Tech notes from this site, bunches of test questions from this site, and from mcmcse.com. Scoring around 85% on these.

One interesting thing, got the exact same question twice, a gift on layer 2 devices, had to double check the wording, but it was identical, just the answers were in different order.

So now on to CCNA, already 2 chapters into the Sybex book, which has so far been very easy to read with comprehensive end of chapter tests and labs. Employer was kind enough to donate a few old computers for me to have my wicked way with, so will be able to actually get some hands on experience, which as I understand is quite relevant in the CCNA.

Thanks all for the support and as always to the Webmaster for providing this site and excellent resources!

Comments