Options

Squeaked by

ocrigginsocriggins Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, it was ugly, but I squeaked by today with 720. I actually thought I did better than that as I was pretty confident when I was done as I did well on the sims and felt pretty sure about most multiple choice. Though, I am lucky to have passed. I was pretty overconfident getting a 910 on the 290. Guess I have learn my lesson I think. I do think some of the wording pretty bad on these exams. A couple I had no clue what they were asking for.

Anyway, I now am a MCSA, so I am happy. This was the 4 test in 6 weeks and I am burnt out. Maybe I missed some questions because still answering questions from the XP exam.

I used Test Out and Exam Cram for the exam as long as building my own Virtual Server lab. That is the way to go I think especially with undo disks. If no one has tried it get go for it--makes things easier and works great. Now only if my crappy Intel Raid would stop bombing on me with XP x64.

Not sure what's next because I am soon to be offered a job an IT auditing. They are training me on the auditing part, but it will be a change.

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Congratulations!

A 910 on 70-290 and a 720 on 70-291? I got over a 900 on the 70-290 as well, I know that 70-291 is going to be as hard, but yikes! I've got the 70-270 and the Network+ to do before I take 70-291, I'll have to be careful and not get too complacent if I end up doing well on those exams.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    A 910 on 70-290 and a 720 on 70-291? I got over a 900 on the 70-290 as well, I know that 70-291 is going to be as hard, but yikes! I've got the 70-270 and the Network+ to do before I take 70-291, I'll have to be careful and not get too complacent if I end up doing well on those exams.

Well, like I said, I didn't really go crazy with the studying for this exam. I was getting pretty burnt out. I scheduled the exam at 8am and stayed up all night studying without sleeping. I am definitely not a star at DNS, but I have a lot good resources to use to help me as I learn more. This test does require a good amount of studying if you want to pass comfortably. Also, even though I passed I didn't really dive into each question. I think the ones that are less convoluted I nailed, but maybe the convoluted ones I didn't dive in as deep as I should have. BTW, the Network+ is a big help for this exam.

OC
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    congrats mate!
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    shamrocker98shamrocker98 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. And don't worry about the score, I think we all got bumrushed by this test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    I think we all got bumrushed by this test.

Yeah, definitely. Plus I know on the A+. there was a lot I learned, but most of what I know comes straight from experience like using NTFSCHK instead of CHKDSK.
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    Nice1 :D
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congratz fella!!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o