Options

Customer Service Questions

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
I am concerned about the Customer Service Questions, some may be tricky and ambiguous, and looking over my books, there is absolutely no reference to customer service issues.

Can someone please give me some Study Notes on Customer Service issues, or Exam Questions samples, or links to places where I can
get related information about this subject. Thanks

Ric
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    It's been suggested many times that experience is your best source of material for this exam, and that is especially true in regards to customer service. If you have no real experience servicing customers, then you'll just have to rely on common sense and the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    I had a few, more than a few in my test.
    Daft and common sense questions that had no "technical" base or anything you need to learn example:-

Irrate customer leaves your shop but you spot a $10 dollar bill on the counter after he walks out, should you.....
    a Run after him and return the money
    b Phone the police and try to trace him
    c Pocket the cash and laugh.
    That wasn't exectly how it was phrased but very close, another:-

You are tech support in a company and you are on your way to a job. Walking through some offices you are stopped several times by fellow workers and asked to resolve problems, should you...
    a Tell them to F*** off because your busy
    b Stop and answer every question
    c Ask them to fill in a job request form via their manager

I would choose A :)
    So there was nothing technical which after memorising endless lists annoyed me a bit.
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It's been suggested many times that experience is your best source of material for this exam, and that is especially true in regards to customer service. If you have no real experience servicing customers, then you'll just have to rely on common sense and the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Bingo!

Experience is the best teacher!

Otherwise, common sense.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    I remember a while back there was a question that was worded something like:

"You are a trainee for an ISP and you are shadowing a senior helpdesk support technician. A customer calls and says that they can not connect to the Internet. The Senior Technician tells the customer to run scandisk and defrag. Why?"

A. The customer's harddrive is corrupt
    B. The customer's CRT has failed
    C. The tech is buying time till the ISP is back up
    D. The customer's Antivirus software has failed

So, ask yourself what does A, B or D have anything to do with connecting to the Internet?

Like the other guys mentioned before....use common sense.
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    oldtech wrote:

You are tech support in a company and you are on your way to a job. Walking through some offices you are stopped several times by fellow workers and asked to resolve problems, should you...

I would choose A :)
    So there was nothing technical which after memorising endless lists annoyed me a bit.

Correct answer: B & C

Tell them, "Call or email the helpdesk so that the problem can be properly tracked and then be resolved in a timely manner!" icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was my experience that most of those customer service type questions were all basically ethical type questions. For the most part, just use common sense and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    buddha1buddha1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When it comes to answering these questions the easiest way to answer them is if you have had no expience in customer service is to turn the question arround and put yourself in the customers shoes.

What would you be satisfied with if you where that customer. Also remember we have all had Good & bad customer service, remmember the bad once's and what could you do better to make them good.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    ProjectFocusProjectFocus Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Putting yourself is the customers shoes is not always the best way to do things. It will help with the user getting what they want but it does not always provide the best custmoer service to all people.

Take this example

The customers shoes answer would be B. Now on the big picture the answer should be C. This is good management of expectations. Good customer service is all about managing expectations. If the job you were on your way to was to restart the file server because many users can't access their files. Now would it be then good customer service to use that time answering not so critical questions.

The right answer should be
    D Listen and analyse priority make a judgement call on which is more business/Customer critical. If the question is not as business critical advise that you will be able to deal with it asap.

But as you know there is never the practical answer in the list.
    FocusToonSig.jpg