Options

I hate DOS...

manrick777manrick777 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I relly don't like DOS and I would like to study nly the minimum required for the O/S exam. I went to the comptia website and they don't give much details about the DOS objectives. So what should I know about DOS for the exam, and also do I have to troubleshoot DOS or things like that?

Thank you
Eric

Comments

• Options
    carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    from my understanding of myers book you just need to know how to move files around in the command prompt. You might also needed to know conventional exteneded and all of the other kind of memory.
  • Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    As far DOS only, I think the DOS memory management is the only thing really covered. However, DOS as the underlying core of Win9x, will be covered quite a bit. Not to mention that CMD has the same look/feel/commands as DOS.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    manrick777manrick777 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well, thank you, if it's the minimum, I am glad to hear that. I hate DOS so much. I just started the O/S part of A+ and I am so confused already. Especially with those config.sys autoexec.bat boot.ini win.ini and system.ini drive me crasy, I get enough info about them to let me know about their exixtence, but not enough to understand about them.

Thanks
    Eric