Options

Taking the test on friday

JuanCD16vJuanCD16v Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys i decided to take the test on friday. Have you got any tips or advice for me. This is my first Internation Exam.

Please help me with this

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Make sure you are familiar with the objectives for the exam. Go over your study material, and don't overcram too much. Also, try to relax; if you're too nervous at test time, it can adversely affect your performance....good luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Really read the questions there is usually a key word or two in the question to give you a hint.If for instance there are five options to choose from read each one and some will be obviously incorrect allowing you to limit the choice. Know your IRQ’s and comm ports.Best of luck. Remember its 90 minutes so take your time
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Options
    cullbotcullbot Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Memorise certain things. i.e. COM ports and their corresponding IRQ's and I/O address's, what all the IRQ's are for etc.

If you have a quick read through a book you'll have an idea of certain things you'll need to memorise (The book will probably mark the certain things to memorise anyway)

The best thing is experience. If you've been into computers for a while and have been messing around with them, changing various hardware components etc. you'll know a lot of the stuff already.
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Read up on fire-extinguishers! Really...there were 2 or 3 questions on this that totally caught me off-guard and I had to guess on. Its covered in the safety portion of most A+ books.