Options

goin for CCDA first then CCNP straight after

seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
i have bought the books for ccnp BSCI 2 but ive decided to opt for the CCDA so once i have done CCNP i can take the extra exam to get CCDP. I have per ordered the designing for cisco networks book out on october 1st and the new cert guide for ccda out the same day so i know i have covered the areas well. Would i be over doin it if i got the todd lamme CCDA updated for 640 861? exam? gosh im obsessed lol icon_lol.gif
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Options
    these are the books im gettin for CCDA prep as im not going on any courses for the exam

CCDA Self-study: Designing for CISCO Internetwork Solutions cisco press by diamme teare

CCDA: Cisco Certified Design Associate Study Guide by todd lamme and andy barkl

CCDA Exam Certification Guide (CCDA Self-study) by anthony bruno and jacqueline kim

is this overdoing it? can i leave out one if so which 1? I can get hands on at uni with the labs if needs be, anyone who has recently took this exam please reply i need your help!! icon_lol.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I would definitely buy the last one... I think all three is overdoing it indeed, that money might be better spend on a future Cisco lab for your CCNP exams..
  • Options
    darn my girlfriend has just ordered me the todd lamme one.
    o well ill get the cert one you said and that should be enough i think as i have the experience from CCNA i suppose, u sure i dont need the middle one bein as tho i wont be attendin any courses?
  • Options
    Choosing between the first two is difficult, but if you are going for the third book, the Todd Lammle book is probably the best addition.

I read a very good review about the new CCDA exam written by Andy Barkl but I can't remember which site it was... icon_confused.gif I thought it was www.mcpmag.com but can't find it there... anyone else?
  • Options
    The reason I choose the certification guide is because I used their (now older) CCDA study guide myself, and I seriously think it is the best cert book I've ever bought... Also Anthony Bruno writes the most popular CCIE r&s books, and was the one that reviewed the new 1-day CCIE lab...
  • Options
    bujubuju Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just saw ur message. The administrator is right. The 3rd one definitely is a good one. That is what i am using now and there are quite some stuff there that aint in Todd Lammles'(ur 2nd option). Well i dont know if there is a newer version than what im using but i think its not well stuffed. As for the site u were talking about administrator, the site is www.tcpmag.com and not mcpmag.com. Cheers........ icon_wink.gif