Options

Taking one core at a time...

mookytcmookytc Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all...I plan on taking both cores by the end of this year. However I had been planning to take both exams at the same time. However in my prep period I am starting to think I should stagger the tests. Take the hardware and then a few weeks later take the software.

Has anyone gone this route? I took some prep classes a few years ago (obviously did not take the exam) and the instructor thought the best way was to take both cores at the same time. I am leaning the other way as I prepare.

Just wanted to read your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks...

DC

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I took both exams on the same day. I hadn't done any formal studying, but I was working as a PC technician at the time.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the same thing DC, took the hardware first, then a couple of months took the software. The thing with A+ is that there is soooo much memorization, my little mind could not cram it in all at once! Network+ was much better and IMO much easier for future reference - something to look forward to after A+!
  • Options
    james_ wrote:
    I did the same thing DC, took the hardware first, then a couple of months took the software. The thing with A+ is that there is soooo much memorization, my little mind could not cram it in all at once! Network+ was much better and IMO much easier for future reference - something to look forward to after A+!

Thanks James! The memorization is what I am concerned about. I have been focusing on mainly hardware up until this point. I will try and set that up asap. Btw...I can see where to purchase the vouchers for the exam at this site. Are there any coupons or discounts associated with buying the vouchers?

Thanks!

DC
  • Options
    Looks like by purchasing them here at the site they are already discounted. Is this correct?

Tia...

DC
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would highly recommend taking them staggered by at least a week or two. If you take the first one and don't do so hot, you'll want time to study for both again.
  • Options
    james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you hold out a couple of days before your exam, sometimes you can get great last minute deals from sites like http://www.getcertify4less.com that have early expiration values.

Techexams is associated with this site and if you use the coupon code 1155, this site will get some credit, that's what I did with my Network+ exam. Now I see they have Net+ for $125, retail is about $199 from that site, so the savings can be quite large. Only thing Im not sure on is if you can use the coupon code with late expiry vouchers - you get an additional $1 off on normal prices with the 1155 coupon code.

I booked my Net+ the day before I took it, was trying to hold out on a good deal! Good Luck!