Options

self study and jobs

nazeeynazeey Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I had to opt for self study for the n+ and i guess all the others exams i wanted to study for as the college i studied at closed down suddenly due to financial problems. I want to know is it possible to self study for the n+, security +, MCSA, CCNA and CEH qualifications. And what kinda jobs can someone get with a+ and n+?

Thanks!

Naz

Comments

• Options
    Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its very possible to self study its just measured by the amount of time and effort you put in it. A+ is a entry level cert for possibly pc repairs( but dont limit yourself). The Net+ is an entry level for a system admin type of field.
    So good luck on your future endeavors!!!!!!!!!!
    YoungFred.jpg
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    A+ is a basic exam... if you like computers, easy
    N+ basic exam for networking. Its the first exam I ever sat. Again Easy.
    CCNA You don't need hardware for it to pass... You can use simulators.

MCSA is fine as long as you have access to a 2003 Server ... Sybex kit comes with a 180 day evaluation software.

CEH ... Don't know to tell ya.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just worry about the entry level (A+/MCP Win XP/N+) for now and in the meanwhile try to land a helpdesk/operations center/call center type of job right away. You are going to do much better having worked SOMEWHERE in the real world with a couple of certs more in like with your actual knowledge and experience, then a bunch of higher level certs with no practical knowledge and experience. I promise you.

My $.02
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...