• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    Hi Members,

I am very prone to forgetting things, even my car. So, if
    you could write 5 different forms of information on the scrap paper
    that they give you on the test. Which vital information would you
    write down as a guide to answers and to save you time. thanks Ric

Rick, you really should focus on learning this material and not merely memorizing it.

There has been question after question from you and very few of the threads you reply back on. Have you read the members responses to anything you have asked?

I do know I'm not alone in my response to you that you need to take the objectives and learn them...inside and out.

There is no scrap paper that you can take with you into the exam. The center may provide you with a dry earse board/laminated paper for you to write calculations down, but for the A+ this is not a necessary thing....as it is unlikely you will be asked any question about subnets.

To be sucessful the best advice has been given several times by several members here:

1. Experience
    2. Couple different books (Meyers and Sybex)
    3. Know the Objectives.... DO you have a copy that you are working from at this point??
    4. Review the FAQ on CompTIA's site as it will cover all the stuff you have been asking.
    5. When you have more questions regarding a specific subject material...i.e. you need a better explanation then the one you know or already have research...ask it in the forums.
    6. And experience (no this is not a repeat). You will retain the things you learn by actually using them. If you are limited experience then you will want to set up a lab and practice. Get your hands on old parts, get familiar with them and this will help make thing clear.

No more questions about how to 'learn' something quickly, or about any shortcuts, or better websites, etc... There is not a quick and simple way to prepare. It takes time and effort on the part of the candidate. Honestly, if you are concentrating on what you'll forget while taking your exam....just postpone the date and schedule it for a time when you are ready.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    Thanks I'll ltry and ask more specific questions,
    everyone has been very helpful, I try to prepare
    as best as I can. I am using Meyer' passport,
    Fast pass which is very vague book, and Exam
    cram 2 the big one. I do have a question which
    I saw on a pracrtice exam, and wondering about it

51 . The first five steps of EP process happen in the toner cartridge
    A. True
    B. False
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    Thanks, I appreciate those great links,

It is really amazing that All 5 of the processes
    go on within the disposable Toner cartridge.
    It is an amazing process, Ric
    Richard Krenzel