Options

I have a couple of questions about the OS part of A+

powerman7tpowerman7t Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am planning to try to take OS and finish up A+ during my Thanksgiving break from college (like Tuesday) and I have a couple of questions about the exam (I have already looked at the objectives, but there are 2 or 3 things that I would love to have answered):

NOTE: I am taking the 2003 exam, for your information (if it makes a difference right now)

1. I have seen a dozen or more people on these forums say that the test has 20-30 Hardware questions on it.

a. Is there just one version of the 3 forms of the exam that this exists?
b. What types of hardware questions do they touch upon (so I can re-review my Hardware material)

2. After looking at the objectives, I feel fairly (but not too) confident that I can pass (Heck, I got 8xx on Hardware). I am wondering about which areas the exams obsess on the most.

3. Even though I am not leaving a stone unturned, I am wondering, in your opinions (I emphasized your, not CompTia (because I know what they want)), what topics should I be worried and least worried about for the exam.

4. Finally (not a question), this site, forum, and the forum members have helped me wonders since going for Hardware this past summer. I appreciate everything you have done, and keep doing what you do!!!

Thanks

[/u]

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It's difficult to say 'what' your exam will have on it, but since you have already reviewed the objectives, you can pretty safely bet that your questions will reflect those topics.

As for the areas you should worry about? I wouldn't worry too much so long as you have a good grasp on the objectives.

Have you reviewed the Practice Exams here? How much experience do you have with the OSs and Hardware?

Sounds like you did well with the Core portion of the exam, so you'll probably do well with OS too.

Regarding Core questions appearing on the OS it is more along the lines that you need to understand hardware to use the OS and troubleshoot through the OS. OS and Hardware are not really separate in a computer system...they need each other so that's about the amount of 'overlap' (Lack of better term) you'll see.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    powerman7tpowerman7t Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK. FYI, I have installed Win 98/2000/Dos, so that part isn't scary. Again, thank you. It takes lots of pressure off of me as I get towards that big day. :P
  • Options
    leprechaunleprechaun Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GOOD LUCK POWERMAN7T

I will be doin mine in 2 1/2 weeks let us know how you fair......Pls
    ej
    ej