Which is harder of the two exams, Network Plus, or the
A Plus Exams., approximately how many days and hours
would be needed to adequately prpepare for the Network +
exam. Thankyou. rick
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi, i would say that the net + is easier and its 1 test vs. a+,anyway i just took the net+ bout a month ago, i would say it it could take about between 5-7 weeks. depends on how fast u read an understand!!

anyway i studied from the sybex book, its all u need to pass, with the passing score being 554out of 900.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Rick- If I'm not mistaken, you haven't even taken your A+ exams yet, why are you worrying about Net+? Concentrate on passing your A+ exams first, then come back and inundate us with Net+ questions...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    approximately how many days and hours
    would be needed to adequately prpepare for the Network +
    exam. Thankyou. rick

It all depends on how long you need. From your earlier questions, I can tell that you're not really ready to spend the time studying and learning the material. I get the feeling you're looking for an easy pass, and I'm forced to wonder what your motivations are for wanting to take these certifications. Relax, spend the time you need to spend, and don't worry about anything but what you're studying right now. If you spend the time, learn all the things recommended to you in the previous posts, you'll pass your exams.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    thanks for your help, I am considering the
    network plus and just wanted to get some
    overview on how dificult it is. I heard that
    in some cases you can roller over your certifications
    is that true. thanks
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ricktea, you should seriously take a look at what it is precisely you want to do for a career in IT. There are so many certs, and having them all makes you look either very good, or very bad. Don't go for the easy ones, because they are easy. If they were really easy, eveyone would be doing this.

For the record, I took about 3 months to prepare for A+, I passed Core with 900, but failed OS miserably. Once I passed, I did Network+, and passed easily. I took those exams, because they helped me get into IT at the lowest level. A few years later, and a better understanding of what I want to do, and I'm making twice what I did then, and more than my last boss.

The rollover you mentioned is through the ETA, a seperate organization from Comptia. They do the rollover to help publicize the ETA name, not to just pad people with certs. Figure out what you want to do, and then take a look around and see what certs may or may not help you. Some of the best IT people I know would back me up on this, and they don't have either A+ or Net+......also, in IT, the traditional "learning curve" is more like an infinity loop. Learning never ends, certs only prove theoretical knowledge; experience is key here.

I would recco getting your A+, because I believe you already started working on it. If you get into a habit of starting one cert before finishing another, you could waste a lot of money when you realize you may not need to finish it. If you want to waste money, you could just send me a check, and I will happily drink your savings away on the weekends.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rick- If I'm not mistaken, you haven't even taken your A+ exams yet, why are you worrying about Net+? Concentrate on passing your A+ exams first, then come back and inundate us with Net+ questions...

What does it matter if he hasn't passed the A+ before sitting Net+?

I haven't passed the A+ but have done the Net+ and doing the CCNA purely for the fact I have absolutely no interest in doing the A+. I work in networking and want qualifications to reflect this not hardware break/fix.

Maybe this guy is in the same boat?

Malc
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    malcybood wrote:

What does it matter if he hasn't passed the A+ before sitting Net+?

I haven't passed the A+ but have done the Net+ and doing the CCNA purely for the fact I have absolutely no interest in doing the A+. I work in networking and want qualifications to reflect this not hardware break/fix.

Maybe this guy is in the same boat?

Malc

There's no problem with taking the tests in any order. The problem comes from the fact that this particular candidate isn't looking up any of the available information, nor the information we give him. He wants to pass the tests, just not study for them. Take a peek at his other posts, and the nature of the questions, and I think you'll understand.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Slowhand wrote:
    There's no problem with taking the tests in any order. The problem comes from the fact that this particular candidate isn't looking up any of the available information, nor the information we give him. He wants to pass the tests, just not study for them. Take a peek at his other posts, and the nature of the questions, and I think you'll understand.

We have a few of these here, now dont we? I think we're all different, and we dont know people's whole story, it's unfair to judge others from a few dozen posts on an online forum.

ricktea, A+ isnt the most difficult, but I hope that you already know about the update, it costs more, and it's more "difficult", focus on getting that first and out of the way before worrying too much about Network+. Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am not certed in anything, but I have some IT knowledge. I can see why the guy wants to hurry up and get certed; he prolly needs to get a better job. Living in the ghetto sux, do whatever you need to survive. I worked alot to get out of the hood. Sixteen years old and all, that is impressive I think. Anyway, focus on the paper, keep good work ethics, and then things will start to look up.
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Net+ is easier by far.

If you can get a handle on the OSI layers, commands, protocols and cabling, you're good.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!