Options

Mixed mode vs Native mode

I've been working with W2K sever for a couple years now but I just recently started studying for the 70-210 and I've already started picking up on some things....

Well, I started reading about mixed mode and Native mode and had a thought.... I thought that there might be a good chance that our domain is running in mixed mode (both our domain controllers are W2K server).

So I checked today and sure enough we are set to a mixed mode domain. I brought this to my boss and asked what he thought about switching to Native mode... He wanted me to look into it to make sure it won't cause any issues with our network....

So far I have not read anything that would be any cause for alarm so I thought I would check with some people here to see what their thoughts or experiences are with this.

I realize this might belong in the Off-topic forum but at the same time having a thread in the 70-210 forum with the pro's/con's and situations dealing with this might come in handy to other studying for this exam.

Comments