how to hit 3 birds with one stone!!!!

hi everyone, i have heard it is possible to get MCSA MCSE and MCDBA with 7 exams?

I can only see how to do it with 8

210 215 216 217 218 219 229 can someone enlighten me MS qualifications are so confusing im used to cisco. Also how many books will i need for that lot? I was thinkin of gettin MCSA core requiremtns but now think i should get MCSE core requirements and add the few extra dunno im lost anyone with the MCSE MCSA and MCDBA please help share your experience with someone in need icon_cry.gificon_exclaim.gif

IM on the MOC courses, will i need the books? THey seem not to cover everything needed?
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    The MCSE and MCDBA can be done with only 7 exams: 210,215,216,217,whatever design exam you choose, 228, 229. If you would like to go the MCSA route you would need to take 218. Yes I would recommend getting extra books for all (personally I don't think the MOC covers all the topics necessary to pass the test).

The way you choose depends on your experience with networks and the MS way of networking. If you are experienced I would suggest going straight for the MCSE, if not I would recommend starting with the MCSA track and progressing from there.

I personally started with the A+ and Network+ to fill my elective for the MCSA, which you can use 216 if you would like. I also have only used sybex books for all my computer related certifications (except for A+ which I used Mike Myers Passport??) and have found them to contain sufficient knowledge to pass the tests. I also helped my studies with transcender to get a feel for the exam questions.

It would also help if you had a lab to practice the exercises.

Hope that helps.....
  • seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    thanks 4 the help mate, i do have a lab to practice and im gonna get the blue MS press booksin addition to the MOC courses im on for the 210 215 216 218. Im gonna take the other exams i stated before so i have the best of the MS qualifications and i can continue on the cisco ladder.

Thanku for your help! Good luck in ur future exam taking. Its a tough market to crack, im just a student at uni but i am trying to be different adding some certs to my CV to get a job. I have 1 year at uni left and i am working towards a 1st class so im on my way! Might do a masters but i dont know if its needed in networking might jsut go straight for all the certs instead
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
    no wait that is 7 i mistyped i was tired when i made that post lol
  • skardosskardos Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    seth223uk,

This is my personal opinion but being a former Director of MIS for a mid-sized organization I think having the MCSA along with the MCSE somewhat nullifies the MCSA because it is automatically assumed that you are capable of doing the MCSA job if you have the MCSE.
    When looking at candidates for MIS positions I always looked at an MCSE as a person that can do more than an MCSA, or an MCP.
    My suggestion is that if you are considering attaining MCSE along with MCDBA then forego the MCSA in favor of another (Non-Microsoft) vendor’s certification to show that you are capable of working outside the Microsoft realm.
    I’ve always preferred individuals who have certified from different vendors as opposed to being 'heavy' from one.

Steve
    hey thanks thats gud advice. I am CCNA working on CCDA and im going for comptia when i get a chance and i have a Bsc too. I aim to get as many certs as i can

thanks alot for your help icon_lol.gif