Options

SCSI Priority ID Question

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
Question 5
Which two priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
Your answer: 0 lowest,15 highest
Correct answer: 0 highest,15 lowest

Why did I get this question wrong, I have learned that
the lowest number has the highest priorityl. thanks ric

Also, which part of the laser printer needs to be vacuumed.
the drum or the ozone filter. thanks
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I don't know where you're getting these from, but those are both horrible questions.

On a SCSI chain with 15 devices, the order or priority, highest to lowest, would be:

7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 , 0, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8

Neither 0 nor 15 is highest or lowest, they are both in the middle. Both your answer, and the "correct" answer, are wrong.

As for vacuuming a laser printer, the only thing you should really vacuum is any loose toner you see inside the printer. Again, I would not consider either of those answers to be correct.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ricktea,

It is really in your best interest to no worry about the 'correct' answer for a test and a better use of your time to LEARN the material.

This thread we've already discussed print process and within here you may already be able to answer your own question:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=107921#107921

As far as SCSI (I thought this one had been answered for you eariler too icon_confused.gif but cannot locate it)

http://www.techexams.net/technotes/scsi.shtml

I cannot stress enough that your goal should be to LEARN this material and not merely learn some answers to pass an exam. It's generally frowned on to post practice questions in forum and have the members answer them. A better study method would be to inquire about the topic after you have exhausted your research skills as different people have different ways to explain things and something may click as well as become useful for others.

You have made it abundantly clear that you are 'new' to this process and since you began posting last month and seem as though you are hurring though this. You are posting identical questions an various sites (happened to stumble you posts by pure accident while researching book release dates from the publishers). While there isn't anything wrong about finding out as much as possible from different 'families', the questions thus far have been around "Can I pass without experience?"; "Is this question correct?" etc.. and not something where one would need to tap those with specialized knowledge.

Please do not mistake having a certificate as a reason an employer will hire an applicant. It may help, but there needs to be something to back up the certificate. If you goal is to pass this exam before the years' end...that is a fine goal, but are you infact ready? The testing process isn't a quick process. Sure A+ is 'easy' and has the lowest required passing score. How you prepare for this exam is the segway into how you'll need to prepare for future exams. MS exams take a bit more time and know-how. You'll need to have a lab setup, run through scenerios (if you don't have enough field experience), read white papers as well as anything you can get your hands on. My understand from friends it that the CISCO material requires a great deal of discipline to LOTS of practice.

Don't strive to merely be the guy who 'has a A+ certificate' (the market is flooded with people can install ram and format harddrives). Strive to become a great technician.

The next question you stumble on and don't agree wtih the answer, research the answers to see what can be possible vs. what sounds like it isn't. This will help you learn the material. Cross-check your sources to better understand the Printing Process, SCSI, Bus-speed, CPU generations, troubleshooting, etc...

BTW - it's rumored that a number practice questions have incorrect answers...either by a mere typo (so check publisher errata) and if it's from a bad source....plan ignorance. It's not done on purpose from good sources, just human error. The more information you KNOW, you'll be comfortable when you answer a question and check your answer to see that it doesn't match...but actually know you are correct and why.

Don't rush the process. It does take time :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    thanks for taking the time to fully explain the process to
    me, I'm trying to be as fully prepared as possible by
    tapping all the resources available. I've heard people
    say that they have studied so very hard only to find questions
    that have little relevance and questions that are ambiguous
    and unclear. thanks for your kind help all. Ric
    Richard Krenzel