Options

Hi guys

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

I have just ran sysprep on a 2k pc and i didnt ask me for the product key as one of the answers in the answer file. Does sysprep know if the OS install that sysprep is running on has a volume license key, i have seen 2k sysprep ask me for the code before so i know it does do it, but not on this time. Only difference being it may detect a retail code, i am not sure

anyone have any idea

lee h

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It should ask for the product id unless you have it entered in the sysprep.ini file, like this:

[UserData]
    ProductKey=xxxxx-yyyyy-zzzzz-12345-67890

Otherwise I don't know why it's not prompting you.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    i ran setup manager twice and both times it didnt ask me to put in a windows key, will try and type what you said into the answer file and see if it works, cheers spymark

lee
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lee H wrote:
    i ran setup manager twice and both times it didnt ask me to put in a windows key, will try and type what you said into the answer file and see if it works, cheers spymark

lee

Cheers Lee.

That is one thing setup manager won't ask you. You do have to edit the sysprep.ini file manually as you correctly guessed. Also, make sure you only use an Enterprise Product ID or you'll have all the systems attempting and failing product activation except the first one.
    All things are possible, only believe.