Older postings...

I know jobs in the IT field go fast. However sometimes I notice postings left up for 2+ weeks, do you still post for these positions? My idea up untill this week was, if its over 2 weeks old, it's proably filled. Now I've got more into my search, Ive been sending them as far back as a month. Thinking, well if the person didnt work out, or they had another opening they would have my resume on file. What do you think?
70-291 Next....

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I usually go a month. It can't ever hurt to apply, you never know if a company has/hasn't found the right person yet. You could always look for a contact email, and ask directly if they're still looking to fill the position. This could you are enthusiastic about it, and answer your question. The worst they can say is, no.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    "well if the person didnt work out, or they had another opening they would have my resume on file."
    Lot's of companies take more than a month from interview to job offer. Then there is still the chance that the prospective employee will decline the offer. If it is a job/company that you really want to work for, apply!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Sometimes the HR departments will just collect resumes for a few weeks to see who responds to a specific position. Also, hiring usually isn't the highest priority task a manager has. Some emergency comes along and hiring new employees goes right to the back burner. Job requisitions also get postponed or canceled due to money reasons, but the job postings aren't immediately removed.

It can't hurt to apply to any posted job that you are qualified for regardless of how old it is.
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go ahead and apply!

Worst thing that happens is they say - we filled the position.

If they ask why you applied after a month, tell them you just saw it!