Options

How Much are each of the Questions Worth?

vcon790vcon790 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I haven't studied for the test but took it anyway just to see what it would be like. Sort of like for recon purposes. I managed a 593. I definitely saw lots of DNS questions but it (the test) appeared to move from one set of questions to the next. Sort of like security first, then RAS, then DNS etc.

I think I can knock this out next time. Anyone have any comments on the Syngress book?

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't believe that the questions have a set value. I've heard from several different people that the questions are weighted differently and that the simulations can range in value from 50 up to 200 --> this is what I've been told by one of the guys that does the tech support for Pearson Vue for a local testing center. I don't know that for sure but he's not the first person to tell me that the simulations can make or break you.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    RTmarc wrote:
    ... ...the simulations can range in value from 50 up to 200 --> this is what I've been told by one of the guys that does the tech support for Pearson Vue for a local testing center. I don't know that for sure but he's not the first person to tell me that the simulations can make or break you.

I have heard this before too, and apparently it's impossible to pass the exam without at least passing all the sims.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    JLLJLL Inactive Imported Users Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A lot of people say it is the most difficult.

In your particular case, if you purchased the getcertify4less voucher, the questions were worth $2.30 each :)

JLuna