Options

NDR's on meeting requests with Exchange

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
hi everyone I'm having a problem with people getting NDR's everytime the try and schedule an appointment with one of our users.

when ever he is included in a meeting the person sending out the meeting request get's the following

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Jane Doe on 10/20/2006 3:30 PM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<exchange.ZYX1234.com #5.1.1>

the person who they are asking to attend the meeting is still with the company but for some reason any meeting he is asked to attend also send an to Jane doe and that is here the NDR comes in.

Jane Doe is no long an employee with us so while I was away another admin removed some of the old accounts.

the environment is Windows 2000 server and exchange 2000.

I have already looked or any rules on the cleint side... I looked for anything with calendar sharing and I also looked at the exchange attributes for the person who is still with us. But I'm not finding anything that suggests his meetings should be forwarding to Jane doe.

There must a be a setting I've missed but I'm drawing a blank any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    See the memberships of groups. There may be a reference to her somewhere.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In Outlook have you checked the "Delegates" tab of the individuals?
    In Exchange is there a forwarding rule?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    In Outlook have you checked the "Delegates" tab of the individuals?
    In Exchange is there a forwarding rule?

I checked both areas as well as for any forwarding rules setup in outlook and no dice.

this is is why I'm stumped.

if there any way to log mail transactions on a per user basis... so I can pick the problem uers and log any and all mail going to and from only his account.

I know I can log the defualt SMTP serice but the logging is kindda cryptic to me
  • Options
    Trailerisf wrote:
    See the memberships of groups. There may be a reference to her somewhere.

I'll look into this

is there a way to search all groups for a paticualr user(script it).... instead of manually looking through all the groups

I know about dsget in 2k3 but is there and equivalant in 2000. I tihnk if memory servers me right dsget was and added feature in 2003.

I'd love to be able to script this or use a command line anything besides checking every group in AD...I have no idea what grouse she was a memeber of since she left the company over a year ago and I started 2 mnoths ago
  • Options
    checked every group and the old user is not anywhere to be found
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Make sure they are not sending these meetings to their personal contacts, but the users in the GAL. Lots of users, for some reason, put the people they work with in their contacts folder even though they are already int he GAL. Anything changes in Exchange, the contacts are out of date.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    I'll double check but I can even repro tihs myself and I have no personal contacts

we've had issues with a few users this week who changed their log on password and then when they opened outlook it was prompting for the new password. instead of finding the change in AD automatically.

it is only a single site with 2 dc's so it shouldn't be a replication issue(I've froced replication and no errors occur)...and when I check ad on both systems the user has been removed from AD

the mail box is marked for deletion in the storage group.

justy frustrating when u know it only happens when one user is included in an appointment but you can not find why the meeting requests get forwarded to Jane doe. Im' so clsoe but yet so far away at the same time
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting that. You may have saved someone else some major headaches. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    not a problem that is why we are all here...to share information and save headaches down the road.

this was weird becuase even though no delgates were on the tab the check box was selected aand it still forwarded based on something that must have still been "remember" by outlook.

anyways another issue bites the dust and the count down is on till my next one.