Options

Dell Warranty Parts Direct Program -Good or Not Good

buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hell All,

I am about to get Dell Warranty Parts Direct Program certified.
It is through my job. You have to renew your certification annually.
My questions is is this certification worth having?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It would be good if a company used Dell. Dell has so many certs and titles, you either have all, or not enough. I won't say it would hurt, but I can't see a company hiring based solely on that alone, unless they were looking for it specifically.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Is that the one that allows you to bypass the Tech Support runaround, and just order parts? I would definitely say it's worthwhile, even if you only have to RMA parts a few times a year. I average 1-2 warranty calls to Dell each month, and it's so frustrating having to convince a phone rep that you know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    Is that the one that allows you to bypass the Tech Support runaround, and just order parts? I would definitely say it's worthwhile, even if you only have to RMA parts a few times a year. I average 1-2 warranty calls to Dell each month, and it's so frustrating having to convince a phone rep that you know what you're talking about.

Yes it is the one where you can bypass the tech support runaround.
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    It would be good if a company used Dell. Dell has so many certs and titles, you either have all, or not enough. I won't say it would hurt, but I can't see a company hiring based solely on that alone, unless they were looking for it specifically.

It is required for my current job. I was wondering if it would help for the future but it seems like it won't.