Options

New Cisco exam

Phil3021Phil3021 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im in the middle of cisco now and have completed CCNA 3. I have just been made aware that Cisco have changed there exam and course. I have just purchased the new cisco book for CCNA 4 which contains CCNA 3 in it as well. looking at the chapters for CCNA 3, they are different to what l learned in CCNA 3 (they have added new subjects) I feel i will be disadvantaged by this when i sit the exam. Does anyone know if i will be aloud to sit the old exam? icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're enrolled in the cisco academy you have until next march to take the old exam, but if you're not enrolled in the cisco academy, you have until sep.30 to sign up for the exam.
    information belongs to the public! hack the planet!
  • Options
    dagr8timdagr8tim Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is it true that they got rid of the Novell stuff in the new version? I just finished Cisco 4 afew weeks ago. There were rumors were that Novell among afew other things were getting the ax.
    There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and Unix. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
  • Options
    techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah there's no more appletalk, ipx, and novell. I believe. then again there wasn't much appletalk in the older version anyways, or novell. but there was a little ipx in the older version. just basically the ipx frame types, like 802.2, or novell-ether, and sap and snap, and that's about all. cisco's pretty much phased all that stuff out.
    information belongs to the public! hack the planet!