Options

Am I in trouble

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
In December I will have a 4 year degree in CNS but as a student I did the work to get it done and get a grade my gpa is 2.74. I am not comfortable with my ablities in Networking for getting a job. I want to get my certs. What can I do to change things and turn my life around?

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Are you even interested in networking? I am finding students enter computer/network courses because they really like to play computer games, but are not interested in the work.
    Give us a bit more info on what you know and what your goals are - before entering college and now.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Grade isnt everything, what's your gpa scale out of? 4?

If so, that's like a C+/B-, you're passing, and you're graduating, you should be enjoying the moment.

Do you enjoy what you learnt? If so, try and get a related job, and pick up certs on the way. I dont understand why you would think you're in trouble?
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    RavenSpawnRavenSpawn Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As bighornsheep said, if you enjoyed what you learned, try to get a job that will utilize your new skills and pick up certs along the way to increase your marketability. You're not in trouble, just need some confidence that you'll be able to do the work you'll be hired for. Most places won't throw you into the job right away, you'll be shadowing someone or start with a few responsibilities and given more as you get comfortable. Don't worry so much about it and since you'll be done in December, start looking for something now. Good luck in your search.
  • Options
    Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hay i hate to be the bearer of bad news icon_sad.gif but you just may be in a lil hot water. Im saying this because if you dont feel comfortable with what you've learned. It may be time to step it up and buckle down on learning those technologies more in-depth.
    YoungFred.jpg