Options

cisco routers (refurb)

SturmbahnSturmbahn Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
This is the one problem I had with taking the CCNA - no routers to practice on. Since then, I found a website while looking for a retail resale shop for my company's old Cisco switches (trade-in deal only for routers) - www.networkliquidators.com. I'm not sure how it compares to Ebay as I don't trust Ebay one bit, but I found many of the smaller non-enterprise routers to be quite affordable. Many switches and other devices from nearly all manufacturers available.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Massively overpriced compared to what I've paid on eBay. And I've had absolutely no problems with any of the Cisco stuff I've bought on eBay.

Okay ... maybe only 3x or 4x time more than what I would have considered paying on eBay.... and I got some "steals" on eBay. Everything I bought on eBay has worked.

The prices on some of the NM Modules must be based on the precious metal content of the cards and weight -- totally outrageous compared to what I paid on eBay.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Ditto mike, I can also say I have had no problems with Ebay at all, common sense provials, look for a reputable seller, positive feedback, hopefully losts of info and a show ver output. This place are a RIP(V2) off. Even the Gbics cost a lot.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Almost twice the price on some items compared to ciscokits.com - which even they are overpriced :D

I've always found that old equipment from work that is being tossed to be the least expensive route

But....if you don't have that option eBay can be a safe sure bet if your careful.
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow, that's crazy.
    let me tell you something about eBay though, it's all up to you, i pick my sellers carefully. icon_rolleyes.gif
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -