Options

CCNA professionals demand UK - comparison

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
If anyone is any doubt about the demand for CCNA candidates then have a look at this, quite interesting:

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/ccna.do

This is just in the UK, therefore I would imagine the worldwide skills shortage it huge. I've never actually looked into this before, but these facts and figures took me by surprise a bit....I knew CCNA was a good cert but didn't know there was such a skills shortage/demand.

Check the salaries out and could some people outwith the UK post average salaries for similar positions in their respective countries

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_silent.gif We don't want other people to know about the icon_moneyeyes.gif

We want to keep the plunder to ourselves icon_pirat.gif

icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    that's it, i'm moving to England! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Don't get to excited guys, yes there is a definate demand for Cisco pros, but passing the CCNA isn't going to land the cat with the cream, experience is the key more than anything, to many companies have been burnt, often the CCNA level jobs will want 2 years + XP before they will consider you, and the CCNP level 3 years.
    If you use the same website and click CCNP and contrack you will see the demand is at 10% however 9.9% of that demand is in London, there been a topic about the cost of living in London, and how its the most expensive city in the world.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    Don't get to excited guys, yes there is a definate demand for Cisco pros, but passing the CCNA isn't going to land the cat with the cream, experience is the key more than anything, to many companies have been burnt, often the CCNA level jobs will want 2 years + XP before they will consider you, and the CCNP level 3 years.
    If you use the same website and click CCNP and contrack you will see the demand is at 10% however 9.9% of that demand is in London, there been a topic about the cost of living in London, and how its the most expensive city in the world.

I see what you are saying, but the thread was not posted to say "get a CCNA and you will earn £35k + per year", it was mearly to highlight the demand for CCNA professionals and to motivate people (Even I need a little motivation to sit and read about access lists and frame relay in my spare time!).

Alot of people who pursue the CCNA are working in the industry already and are looking to take the next step in their career.

In regard to salaries they are average for the UK NOT just London! The average salary for an entry level CCNA engineer UK wide would probably come in at around £22 - £26K raising to early £30k's after 2 or 3 years experience is gained depending on your location/employer/desire to progress to CCNP etc.