Options

HTML

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it a plus to know html in this day in age. I have my own website that I made with dreamweaver 8 but it isn't anything spectacular but I would like to make it better. Would knowing html help me improve it?

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    what do you mean by "knowing"?

HTML is certainly not one of those things that "everyone knows", and in terms of computer industry, it's not a always requirement either.

I guess it's kind of being able to type, people just assume you can type, and you should be able to type.

The fact of the matter is, I am surprised you made a website with dreamweaver, and you dont know html?

ps. My human-interface professor who holds double PhD. and research in cognitive science and OOP can not write her page in XHTML strict.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    While I'm a fan of writing straight HTML code, many WYSIWYG software packages exist that have a ton of possibilities.

And, there seem to be more sites that are moving away from HTML.

Do you want to post the URL for feedback?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?