Options

Whats an aprox pass % for the exam

TatsTats Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I see on Comptia's web site they state that the exam consits of 80 questions ranging from 100-900?? and that a passmark is 467.
I have heard that to pass you need to answer about 75% correctly is this right? Are some questions worth more than others? [img][/img]

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    50% is 'unfortunately' more close...
  • Options
    TatsTats Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Only 50%! Has the standard dropped or was that the passing grade prior to the adaptive format? That must annoy peopple who have had to score much higher to pass the adaptive exam.
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Before the adaptive format it was pretty high I believe. The new tests are just a joke. I wish I hadn't gotten my A+ now.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am at a total loss as to why Comptia in bending to the industrys wish to ditch that crappy adaptive testing then made the exam easier with a lower score. That goes completely against the direction that various insiders have been trying to go - mostly the thought was that A+ was too easy and becoming a joke, but now Comptia has devalued it even further.
    I wonder if it is because some person inside Comptia is peeved that their precious adaptive testing has been ditched?

My personal opinion is that the passing score for ALL Comptia exams should be the same - probably somewhere in the 75-80% range should be a reasonable marker.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, otherwise what's the point of having A+ when people that don't even work in IT could pass it. You're essentially paying $220 for a piece of paper that you're guaranteed to get. I think 80% is perfect for the test, as well as all CompTIA exams. It's just very disappointing to know how little the certification means now.

Cheeblie