Options

seeking career advice from experienced engineers

crisb20crisb20 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a question for someone who is an experienced network engineer. I am a recent college graduate and I am seeking experience. I have recieved a call from a pretty well established consulting company who is interested in me but they claim that they do not have any current openings. Would it be a wise career move to ask them for an internship type position on my days off from my 9 to 5 job for a few hours a week or would I just be to much of a burden and if it is a good career move how would I be able to convince them that I would be able to contribute?

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Use the ticket that you will work for them endlessly to gain experience and further your education. Explain to them you need this position. Good hard working, loyal employees are difficult to find.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds like a plan but i would still keep looking .. start calling/emailing tech placement companies
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you have the time then go for it
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...