Options

Just Passed Hardware

zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took it last Thursday, forgot to post about it. Score was 717. Anyone who is worried about the hardware test just read the study guides on this site and mike meyer's book the all in one version is really awesome. oh study your standards and be able to recognize 1394 and 1284 and stuff.

If you just do the reading and go over stuff you can't remember(make sure you go over notes at the last second you might get lucky like i did on two questions) you'll probably pass for sure

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. Got your software scheduled yet?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Great! Congrats!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass. Got your software scheduled yet?

I am gonna take the software test either the 6th, monday, or the next day. I'm a lot more worried about this than the hardware test because the first computer I ever had ran on win 98se...I used DOS like one time so I'm gonna have to study up on that.

I'm also worried about the specific steps used to get somewhere cause I usually use hotkeys and stuff...it's sort of weird I can find just about anything but if you asked me to tell you where I went before I sat in front of the computer I'd probably answer wrong hehe.

Thanks for the support, this site helped a lot even though I don't post a whole lot. If you're like me you guys preparing for the test will probably end up learning 100x more than is covered in the actual test...I was read to be there for 2 hrs and got there 30 min early, my test was scheduled for 2:30pm and i got out of there at 2:45 which was awesome

Oh and the girl administering the test was a smokin' hot asian chick(so that's reason enough to study for another test right there)

edit: actually that would be 3:00pm when i actually left, there were some post questions or something and I looked over a few once I finished..

Oh btw...if you plan to take a calculator make sure it's a crappy one, I couldn't use my ti-85 cause it was programmable. I didn't think about that but there was no computing or anything on mine.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congratz Dude icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    First, congratulations on your pass!

Second,
    zenzen wrote:
    Oh btw...if you plan to take a calculator make sure it's a crappy one, I couldn't use my ti-85 cause it was programmable. I didn't think about that but there was no computing or anything on mine.

icon_confused.gif:

Little hint, that big PC that you take your exam on....it's a computer ;)

Start:Programs:Accesories:Calculator

Any math you need for A+ or NET+....you should be able to do in your head....or just use the scrap paper (laminated paper) they give you to scribble out your work on.

You shouldn't need to take a computer for your exams, particularly A+
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    yeah I only brought one cause some videos i watched were like make sure you bring a calculator. and I thought the same thing as you why the hell would I need to bring one when I got a computer in front of me. I just figured maybe I wasn't allowed to screw around with anything other than the testing program, and there was a sheet that says you were being monitored and i was like yeah i'll just not screw with anything lol

this leads me to a question...If i'm asked how to navigate to something on the computer be it the place you make backup cds or whatever it is. if you can use the calculator on the testing computer are you just allowed to minimize the test and go poking around until you find the answer to the question? that's something that popped into my head which made me think i sorta wasn't supposed to go messing around with other stuff, despite it being an IT test. this is my first test i've taken so i'm not completely sure on little weird things like this. my plan was just to go in fill in some bubbles and leave
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Well done
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    zenzen wrote:

this leads me to a question...If i'm asked how to navigate to something on the computer be it the place you make backup cds or whatever it is. if you can use the calculator on the testing computer are you just allowed to minimize the test and go poking around until you find the answer to the question? that's something that popped into my head which made me think i sorta wasn't supposed to go messing around with other stuff, despite it being an IT test. this is my first test i've taken so i'm not completely sure on little weird things like this. my plan was just to go in fill in some bubbles and leave

Actually, if I recall, you are given a 'calculator' option for test sections that require it.

A+, NET+ and iNET+ did not need a calculator. I think an icon popped up in the 215 exam, but for the life of me I cannot seem to recall why I would have needed it during the exam...I think it was just there, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use it.

As far as navigating around...I think the screen locks until the exam is finished. It's been far too long for that detail, but I am certain there isn't a need for a calculator for A+ and NET+
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ok thanks for clearing that sorta stuff up, I won't worry about taking a calculator or worry about having to do anything in calc for OS and network +. i went to ecpi a while and the networking stuff I did before i quit(I hate schools, nc state and ecpi sucked) didn't seem like I'd have to have one as you said. well time to play final fantasy XII I mean study for OS exam
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□