Options

Question from a XP 70-270 practice exam seems wrong to me

mr_scott1968mr_scott1968 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is an exact word for word question from a practice test by PrepLogic. I think their answer is incorrect. If anyone can help out here, thanks.

You started a new installation of Windows XP Professional from within Windows 2000. Which of the following switches is NOT part of modifying Setup using winnt32.exe?

Answers:
A. /s[:sourcepath]
B. /m:folder_name
C. /copydir:folder_name
D. /udf:id[UDF_file
E. /cmd: command_line

PrepLogic answer is:

The correct answers, “/udf:id[UDF_file]” and “/s[:sourcepath].”

Choosing a New Installation from within an existing operating system will start the installation using winnt32.exe. The udf:id[UDF_file] and /s[:sourcepath] are switches used with the winnnt.exe setup program available when booting directly from the CD or a 16-bit platform like DOS. The udf:id[UDF_file] switch is used with winnt.exe to modify answers in the answer file for unattended installs. The /s[:sourcepath] switch is used to specify the location of the Windows 2000 files.

(Chapter 2)
(PrepLogic Exam Question #7)

I re-checked the Exam Cram book and it states the same information as the question.

When I check Microsoft Help in XP and in the resource kit online, it says that all the switches in the question can be used with winnt32.exe. Here is what I read from microsft online:
Winnt32
Performs an installation of or upgrade to Windows XP. You can run winnt32 at the command prompt on a computer running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/winnt32.mspx?mfr=true

Am I missing something or is the question a mistake by PrepLogic?

Comments