Options

Today was a good day...BCMSN complete

HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
Passed BCMSN with a 925. The score could of been better I was kinda disapointed with how I did on the security part AAA & dot1x, which I will study again.

To study I used:

Cisco LAN Switching
Cisco Documentation in PDF format
TrainSignal BCMSN video

My lab consisted of:

1 - 3550 (I would suggest 2 of these)
4 - 2900's

I would know every bulletpoint very well on the exam blueprint. Start to finish took me 3 weeks to complete.

I am now onto the BSCI, I have got my lab ready and my books. Hopefully I can get rid of my red eye with some sleep sleeping.gif along with a fine beverage drunken_smilie.gif and a little something from the GF icon_santa.gificon_santa.gif
Now working full time!

Comments

• Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Well done Jesse ! Enjoy it and good luck for routing... :P
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    niamor wrote:
    Well done Jesse !
    ????

Anyway Congratz dude icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

You got a really impressive score :D
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    steve-o87 wrote:
    niamor wrote:
    Well done Jesse !
    ????

That is me :D BTW I want to complete my BSCI by end of December is this doable?
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Nicely done! As everyone probably knows by now I found the switching exam to be harder than the routing exam and since you finished it in 3 weeks I'd say you'll knock the BSCI out in a small amount of time as well. Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    MrD is right! :D
    With a score like that you'll ace the BSCI icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

Namaste icon_clown.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats! I would say if you you did BCMSN in 3 weeks, BSCI by the end of the year is very doable. I would rank BSCI right around BCMSN in difficulty, maybe a little harder (for me).

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    steve-o87 wrote:
    MrD is right! :D
    With a score like that you'll ace the BSCI icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

Namaste icon_clown.gif

Thanks guys we'll see how I do. I plan on reading Doyle Vol 1 along with BGP from Paquet/Teare, and Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi....I am trying to decide if I want to talk the old or new exam.....Decisions!!!!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    Congrats! I would say if you you did BCMSN in 3 weeks, BSCI by the end of the year is very doable. I would rank BSCI right around BCMSN in difficulty, maybe a little harder (for me).

Peter

Well I believe the only reason I got it done so fast was because of work experience, although there was a lot of new material I had never hear of before

Stuff like M'cast,RSTP, port security....CEF/MLS it had my head spinning for a while icon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gificon_scratch.gif
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Dang man your gonna overly destroy the BSCI reading all of that...of course, I wish I would've read all that already cuz I'm having to read it now. So, rock on :)
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I think BSCI was easier than BCMSN.... but I was routing before there was switching. I say target the "CCNP - Old School."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I think BSCI was easier than BCMSN.... but I was routing before there was switching. I say target the "CCNP - Old School."

Will do, Im on it like a fat kid on a donut.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    TuNeSTuNeS Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    steve-o87 wrote:
    niamor wrote:
    Well done Jesse !
    ????

That is me :D BTW I want to complete my BSCI by end of December is this doable?

Your score is rather impressive. If you did BCMSN in 3 weeks, you will definitely get BSCI in a rather quick time. I personally thought the BSCI was easier, but everyone is different depending on their experience. I do a lot of private WANs with routing and VPN's so that why BSCI probably seemed easier. All the best with the rest of your study.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA