Question about a resource

zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I found this book in the trunk of my car(i dunno when I got it?) network+ study guide third edition N10-002 David Groth....I think the current exam is n10-003 right?

If I start reading this and just get another book that's more updated it shouldn't throw me off at all right? If anyone has read this book and thinks it'll be a good supplement or something let me know.

I don't know much really at all about networking yet, as far as in the workplace so I dont' want to study something outdated that is changed or something and learn incorrectly for the test. About all I've done is plug up my cable modem to my hub in a lan.

Any suggestions on 'the best network + book ever' is welcomed for sure.

edit: spelling/grammar errors as always

Comments

• RavenSpawnRavenSpawn Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would say to skip the N10-002 book and start with the N10-003 so that you learn the most up-to-date information. I would say by reading other threads on this site, that most suggestion the Sybex and Mike Meyers books along with the technotes on this site. I personally have read the ExamCram N10-003 book and haven't had any problems with it...yet. I'm still doing some practice tests and going over the technotes here. You want to try and use more than 1 resource so you have to chance to learn what your book may not have covered since you might read something in 1 book but not in another 1.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    002 and 003 has quite abit of updates. As suggested, Sybex, or Meyers have a good book for Network+ 003 version.

Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks, I actually know someone with a mike meyer's one so that'll save me some money. I'll probably pick up a new sybex one and go over all the technotes here. I think someone said they passed the test using only the notes from this site, so they gotta be good.