Options

MPLS, L3VPN

GrigsbyGrigsby Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was wondering which of the professional level Cisco Certs touch on MPLS and L3VPN. I am currently reading BSCI material now and the only thing close is the introduction to BGP.

I see L3VPN and MPLS all over the place and need to get my head around some VRF statements!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The CCIP does. You'll hit VRFs in the 642-611 MPLS Exam. You'd definitely look at the 642-661 BGP Exam first, to make sure you bring your BGP A-Game to your MPLS studies.

The BSCI Exam is just the warm up and stretching in the CCIP Certification. :D

Oh -- and it's the MPLS exam that calls you Toto and tell you that you ain't in Kansas anymore. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Awesome!

It looks like I have my work cut out for me. Dude, Cisco rocks!

I wonder if there is an IOS I could fit on 16 MB of flash for a 2500 that supports Tunnels and VRF statements? I have a bunch of 2500s.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Grigsby wrote:
    I wonder if there is an IOS I could fit on 16 MB of flash for a 2500 that supports Tunnels and VRF statements? I have a bunch of 2500s.
    Check out this CCIP home Lab ?? router & IOS ??? thread for the FTP addresss to a funky cisco-hacked 2500 IOS with MPLS support that can be ftp'd from the Cisco web site. Since I was planning for the CCIE, I used the MPLS exam as an excuse to get 3640s for a home CCIE Lab, so I didn't play that much with the 2500 MPLS IOS image.

Your other option -- if you have access to 7200 or 3600 IOS images -- is Dynamips (and Dynagen). I posted the Dynagen/Dynamips info in a CCNA thread yesterday.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I appreciate that reference to the ftp. Looks like that is one of the most featured IOSs I have found for the 2500. Even the 8 meg IOS is pretty good. At least its better than one I had!

Thanks!