Failed Today

vijaycujovijaycujo Banned Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Fail today, don't think i'll be doing any more comptia exams too expensive n don't carry much weight....moving on to my microsoft certs now....

Comments

• oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Bad luck , you are probably right about moving to microsoft certs.
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    That's a shame dude icon_confused.gif

I think you should finish up on the Sec+. I mean it's like running a marathon in 1st place and then turning around at the end before crossing the finish line.
    Not only that but you could use the Security+ as an MCSE elective if im not mistaken. :D

Anywho, Good Luck whatever you do icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    finish the S+ , don't be a pansy!!!!
    I'm with Steve-0 on this one. Get your a$$ into gear and retake it man. FWIW, I'd rather take Comptia exams all day then Microsoft.
  • eyeoftigreyeoftigr Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dont give up...lots of people stumble...that doesnt make you a failure.

I agree you could use that Sec+ as a MS elective.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GIVE UP and walk away -

Just kidding - get your AZZ back in there and conquer that exam. YOU can do it.....
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Sorry to hear about that. Keep on trying and don't give up. Do you mind sharing what you saw on the exam? I am taking mine on Friday... icon_eek.gif
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the way I look at it. If I learn everything there is to learn, there's no way I can fail. So just study until you're 100% confident, not until you're at the point 'ok I know a lotta stuff I could probably pass with a 600 if i need a 515 or whatever it is' not saying this is how you go about it but I know a hell of a lot of people that think this way.

Just master it, take the test, pass it! you can do it man
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Go ahead and retest. While there are some ComTia tests that don't carry much weight the Security+ exam is actually increasing in recognition. It is going to be a requirement form many government jobs. It shows security knowledge for those not ready for the CISSP.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    You think security+ is hard, wait until you take 70-290 & 70-291. You quit security+ when you didn't pass - you'll quit your Microsoft exams somewhere along the line.

Relax and take a break. Right now, you're probably feeling a bit humiliated - that's normal. But think back in your life to the other things you quit when they got difficult - remember when you first tried to play an instrument - lots of us, myself included, only went so far and then quit because it was too much of a challenge.

Take and pass this exam - it's bigger than a certification now - it's about who you are as a person. You need to pass this exam for you. Push yourself, and expect a day when you have a major meltdown - get in your car, get on a country road, turn up the stereo and start screaming. Once you get that out of your system, go home and hit the books again.

I promise you this - once you pass the Security+, no test will ever be that hard to take again - I am not saying that you aren't going to face more complicated material, because you will - but the demons of failure will only be exercised when you pass the Security+.

Good Luck
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.