Options

A+ Core test - P

captndaltoncaptndalton Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my A+ Core last week.
Take these observations to mind.

The A+Core test asked software questions, too. A couple examples would be where to look for documents (first) and the xp firewall.

There are several questions about IT etiquette (dealing with customers/coworkers). Forget about what the 'nice' or considerate thing would be to do in any situation they give you, and take the cold, antisocial, whatever is best for the company answer.

There are few very specific technical questions. Know your processor interfaces and you can probably get the rest of them right with common sense and/or moderate experience. Build and configure a computer once and you've probably experienced enough to get a passing grade.

On my test there were 100 questions, 15 of them (random) did not count towards my grade. I had 90 minutes to finish.

Best study source - Exam Cram 2 A+

Comments

• Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    There are several questions about IT etiquette (dealing with customers/coworkers). Forget about what the 'nice' or considerate thing would be to do in any situation they give you, and take the cold, antisocial, whatever is best for the company answer.
    I'm curious, since you don't know precisely which questions you got right and wrong, how do you know that the "cold" answers are correct? My advice would be just the opposite: practice the "Golden Rule" and treat the customer exactly how you would like to be treated.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'm curious, since you don't know precisely which questions you got right and wrong, how do you know that the "cold" answers are correct? My advice would be just the opposite: practice the "Golden Rule" and treat the customer exactly how you would like to be treated.

I'm a little curious myself icon_cool.gif How do you know you were correct?

And likewise:
    On my test there were 100 questions, 15 of them (random) did not count towards my grade. I had 90 minutes to finish.

How do you know 15 of the questions didn't count? Last I knew, CompTIA never discloses that 'this question isn't scored' during the exam so how do you 'know' are you a CompTIA employee? icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?