Options

IT who?

hoop__it__uphoop__it__up Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
What professions fall to IT field? is it System Administrator, Network Administrator, Technical Support, Office Support, Network Engineer, Cisco Network Administrator, Help Desk? what are the positions in IT field

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    All the above and many more :D As long as it has to do with technology used for storing, processing or sharing information... and 'technology' is not necessarily hardware or software, so I guess there are too many to mention. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    See but that depends on which company you work for...some companies classify their technology department/organization as IS rather IT icon_rolleyes.gif

My company has an IS Organizaion which has all the technical network guys, developers, etc...in one big ball :D
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most common that. Usually includes telephone communications in many cases.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    P42GDell wrote:
    See but that depends on which company you work for...some companies classify their technology department/organization as IS rather IT icon_rolleyes.gif

My company has an IS Organizaion which has all the technical network guys, developers, etc...in one big ball :D

I worked at a company that called it automation and another that called it ITS, but the jobs still belong to the IT field...
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    P42GDell wrote:

icon_cry.gif What?.. oh. ball. I thought you said hall. How could people ever keep developers and others in the same hall. Just a little joke for you guys. and it's actually true. One of our developers is so sensitive and constantly keeps bitching about the noise and disturbance of other people. other meaning non-developers. and he's actually the only person who works in our company with SAP knowledge. so they probably figured they couldn't part with him. anywayz, he got a memo signed by the CTO that anyone who steps foot in his office while he's in the course of developing an application is absolutely responsible for delays, bugs and different kinds of problems that would've been his, otherwise. what a psycho.

I don't think he'll be around for long. a matter of getting another SAPer that'll work for less.
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.