Options

70-291 Path

mkc7985mkc7985 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here is where I am at, failed my Security+ about a month and a half ago. Studied my ass off with two new books, and three or four practice engines, and FAILED it again a week ago, made a 635 the first time. I improved drastically and failed the second time with a 729, Damn.. So Close. Three months of long nights of studying and not to mention $450. Well Thats life, I'll go for it again in a month or so... But for now 70-291...

I have to say I am definitely nervous from all the posts about how hard this test is icon_exclaim.gif But from my last experience I am definitely gonna study my ass off again. I have the big blue microsft book (70-291 self study course.) I have a CBT course, and I also have a test engine with about four hundred questions. I also have a few sound clips and another study guide.

Just wondering how cenceptual is this test? Security+ was all conceptual. Is this pretty straighforward as long as I have an in depth understanding of DHCP, DNS, RRAS, Subnetting, Network Monitor, DHCP Relay, WINS, Netbios, and basically everything else covered by the microsoft book. I do plan on using other resources to enhance my knowledge of individual subjects.

A question for those have taken the test. How many questions are brought up concerning the size of subnets compared to how many hosts and vice versa, and also all the other IP Address concerned formulations icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    mkc7985 wrote:
    I have to say I am definitely nervous from all the posts about how hard this test is icon_exclaim.gif But from my last experience I am definitely gonna study my ass off again. I have the big blue microsft book (70-291 self study course.) I have a CBT course, and I also have a test engine with about four hundred questions. I also have a few sound clips and another study guide.

I failed 291 for the 3rd time today...do not take this test lightly..it is not easy.
    mkc7985 wrote:
    Just wondering how cenceptual is this test? Security+ was all conceptual. Is this pretty straighforward as long as I have an in depth understanding of DHCP, DNS, RRAS, Subnetting, Network Monitor, DHCP Relay, WINS, Netbios, and basically everything else covered by the microsoft book. I do plan on using other resources to enhance my knowledge of individual subjects.

I dont think this is totally concept, and it isnt totally hands on either. For example, for DNS, there would be concepts about what records are for, but there would also be hands on about ad-integrated zones. That's probably why it is so difficult
    mkc7985 wrote:
    A question for those have taken the test. How many questions are brought up concerning the size of subnets compared to how many hosts and vice versa, and also all the other IP Address concerned formulations icon_confused.gif:

not very many about subnets and ip formulas. You have to undestand IP addressing though. I think a typical case would be, DHCP servers, and multiple subnets.

Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    mkc7985mkc7985 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I definitely won't be taking it lightly. Like I said before, I learned that lesson the hard way icon_mad.gif Which other core tests have you already passed? Also, have you been able to get any hands on experience?