Options

suffocatedsuffocated Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I have mine listed as stated on the ID cards and labels.

CompTIA A+ Certified Professional
    CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA 2003)

When I had just MCP, I placed the exam numbers I've completed in "()" as well.

I wouldn't put the year 2006 at the end of the certification titles or add anything else to the title. If the employer knows anything about I.T., they will know what you are certified/qualified to do. If they don't know, then at least it will get you a phone or face interview so they can ask icon_lol.gif . If you want to use the years, then use the year of the exam objective...A+ 2003 or Network+ 2005.

If you have taken any offical courses, list them as well. If you are currently or planning on studying for certifications that you don't have yet, place that on there as well.

The Keyword searches will get your resume looked at. Just by adding in what you are or are planning to study for will give the employer a guage of where you at and where you will be. Some employers like those who pan to study for certs because once they are done with it, they will have some the greatest and newest features in their head...for an example...WSUS on 70-291 now where a few months ago it was SUS.

Just my $.02.

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I would also drop the second line under each of the CompTIA certs, and single-space everything like Famos did. How big is the Experience section of your resume? If your Certifications section is bigger than your Experience section, that might throw up a red flag to a potential employer.
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Also don't be afraid to use more than one column for this section. Two columns should work well for this. It is also not as important to limit your self to one page resumes any more if that is why you are concerned about the space. Online resume searches don't care about length. Keywords are more important. If the potential employer hits on a keyword they will print it and not be too concerned with the length. It had something on it that they found interesting so they will look at it. Also it is hard to know what the resume will look like after they print it. Word is common but many employers use other tools that may distort your original format. Employers understand that when they print them out. I am not saying not to try to make it look good but it is as critical as it used to be.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP