Options

Just passed...

yoyomamas2yoyomamas2 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just went in to take my 3rd exam out of 7 to pass for MCSE, and im sorry to report that i failed. 630 out of 700. 70 points may sound far, but it's actually only 2-3 questions. I can say that for the first time out of all of my exams, i actually had fun (yeah imagine, fun taking a test!). Maybe it was the fact that this one only cost me $60 instead of $217 like the last test cost me (security +). I dunno. But at least i learned, thought it was a fair test and i know i will beat it eventually.

There are always those 5 questions or so that just have you shaking your head...you know, the question they ask that isn't found in any book and you need a dictionary just to understand what the words mean.

Example:
How do you use VBSscript to edit memory files on computers that as ancient as time and have no place in the workplace today, still run on tape, in fact they have duct tape around them they are so old?

1. Fly to the computer in the remote section of the jungle and try not to get killed as you execute jsusheyb.exe
2. You Decide you are safer staying in the office and try to execute jsusheyb.exe
3. You say to hell with it and send your assistant to the remote section of the jungle without the disk to execute jsusheyb.exe just for fun
4. You just decide to sit in your office chair because the computer is so old, it will eventually die out anyways.

Stuff like that is kinda bothersome, but it seems like it happens on every exam.

Ah well, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the continued support! I really appreciate that you guys stand behind me!

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you missed it, but I like your "can do" attitude. I am sure you'll get it next time.

Oh, the answer to your question is actually as follows:
    5. VBScript won't run on that computer. Add more memory, a new CPU, new hard drive, new motherboard, new power supply, new everything else, put it all in a new case, install the latest version of Windows, then upgrade the licensing, and then set Windows Updates to automatically download and install updates. No more need to run the VBScript.
    icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Sorry to hear you missed it, but I like your "can do" attitude. I am sure you'll get it next time.

Oh, the answer to your question is actually as follows:
    5. VBScript won't run on that computer. Add more memory, a new CPU, new hard drive, new motherboard, new power supply, new everything else, put it all in a new case, install the latest version of Windows, then upgrade the licensing, and then set Windows Updates to automatically download and install updates. No more need to run the VBScript.
    icon_lol.gif

Yeah, thats where i missed the VBS question, thanks for correcting me! icon_lol.gif

I liked the sims in this. I didn't even know there was a keyboard at the testing center, i always thought it was just a mouse because thats all i have ever used. I thought the sims were challenging, but fun at the same time and a good way to test skills if i may say so.

I will go the other way on the "drag and drop" questions which i got 3-4 of. I thought they were terrible. Why must i try and figure out what the drag and drop is asking of me? It should be a test of skills and knowledge, not of trying to figure out what the drag and drop is asking.

Im just a grocery worker and thats all i have been for 13 years. I think i have the positive attitude because im finally making progress. I don't work in the field, and i still have to work all week, come home and study for 3-4 hours a day and then go to school to try and pass. Im doing my best just so someone will take a chance on me for an entry level position after i get my MCSA (trying for MCSE eventually, but would like to get some expierience after MCSA). All i can do is be as positive as i can and know that i will get there eventually.

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Options
    Good luck to you!
    I was an electrician for 12 years before breaking into the computer field about 8 years ago, so it's definately possible. I think you are going to make it. If you can spare a few hours a week, see if there are volunteer possibilities in your area. It's a good way to get some hands-on for a resume.
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Hey there Yoyo,

sorry to hear that you didn't pass the test. I am actually studying for my 70-270 and have never actually taken a microsoft test. You are at least ahead of me on that one!

From your attitude and outlook, I am sure you will pass it the next time! i wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    Good luck to you!
    I was an electrician for 12 years before breaking into the computer field about 8 years ago, so it's definitely possible. I think you are going to make it. If you can spare a few hours a week, see if there are volunteer possibilities in your area. It's a good way to get some hands-on for a resume.
    Hey there Yoyo,

sorry to hear that you didn't pass the test. I am actually studying for my 70-270 and have never actually taken a microsoft test. You are at least ahead of me on that one!

From your attitude and outlook, I am sure you will pass it the next time! i wish you the best of luck!

It's good to know someone is going through something similar as myself. It's always nice to hear, believe me. Thanks again for all the encouragement. I am looking over where i need to improve currently and i will study those areas a bit more. I will look into the volunteer work through my school once i complete this test. I know they have had a few opportunties, just not sure if they are in an area i am qualified for.

As for the 70-270, let me give you the best piece of advice i can give from my own perspective. Read the Ms-press book. Then use the measure-up questions provided with the book on the CD (those questions will really help you). I also read the 70-270 Fast Pass book 2 days before going in to refresh my memory. Thats what worked for me at least. I know that from my perspective that you can pass from those tools alone. Check out the technotes provided here as well. If i had known about this site before hand, i would have.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Sorry to hear of this minor glitch that you have experienced. I failed this exam twice last year. But, I'm sure that we will both take it down next time.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Going in again tomorrow, hoping that i have learned from my mistakes and will pass this time. I will let you guys know, and thanks for the encouragement!
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Best of luck to ya Yo Yo
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck, let us know (when) you pass.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everybody and let you guys know that i passed the 70-290 yesterday with a score of 745. I am happy to have passed and am glad that my extra study time paid off.

Onto the 70-291...i hear it's called the beast. I need to slay the beast for my MCSA.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you all for your continued support!!!
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congrats, and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    yoyomamas2 wrote:
    I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everybody and let you guys know that i passed the 70-290 yesterday with a score of 745. I am happy to have passed and am glad that my extra study time paid off.

Onto the 70-291...i hear it's called the beast. I need to slay the beast for my MCSA.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you all for your continued support!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and congrats on the pass! I was sure you would do it. icon_cool.gif

Good luck on the Beast! icon_thumright.gif