Options

FOR FELLOW JOB HUNTERS IN LONDON AND THE UK

CiliaCilia Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I live in London and I am CCNA certified and have been actively looking for work for about 5 weeks and I have slowly come to realise that I was aiming to high.

I don't know how much experience you have, but I would suggest doing searches like CISCO AND DESKTOP AND HELPDESK AND NETWORK AND SUPPORT AND ANALYST AND 1ST LINE AND ASSISTANT, don't forget also ENTRY AND LEVEL.

I mean to combine these words, you know like Cisco and desktop, only a couple will suffice, try all possible combinations and if you speak fluently a second language try that also, such as Cisco and French.

CWJOBS, JOBSERVE, JOBSITE, REED, MONSTER, HUXLEY ASSOCIATES, MATCHTECH, GUMTREE, ELANIT, TOTALJOBS, COMPUTER PEOPLE, ITJOBS, VACANCY CENTRAL, LONDONJOBS, JUST LONDON JOBS, JOB TUBE AND MANY MORE.

As a beginner you usually start with 1st line support if you have random experience with 1st line support with a small company then try better "IT support assistant" in a corporate or medium size company.

There's nothing bad with doing something you have done already, I believe is better to be working and slowly going up the ladder than waiting for weeks to get a gig that might not happen, is like playing football waiting for the ball to come, that, I believe will happen later in your career, but not now.

Finally, do not forget to go to the careerfair.com, Barbican 17th and 18th of Nov, register on the website for your free ticket.

I hope I could help, good luck to everyone, you all helped me to pass my CCNA with a 100% score with your support and knowledge, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    babbagebabbage Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's helpful. Once you get on the ladder somewhere, you can show what you're capable of. Having said that' I'll be looking for somewhere that training is taken seriously.

Completed my MCSA today and will be off to the Barbican tomorrow!