Options

just took os exam

gregweb16gregweb16 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed with an 693!!!!

I am officially A+ Certified! Thank you so much to everyone at the forum who answered my questions. It really made me feel better to know that there is an online community with people that are working towards the same goal that I am and everyone can help each other. To those who haven't taken the exam yet... good luck. Just study hard and you should pass.

Thanks again,

Greg

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    oldtecholdtech Member Posts: 103
    Well done , whats next ?
    Try til it hurts then try some more
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    gregweb16gregweb16 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Haha that is just what I am trying to figure out: what is next. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about either Network+ or MCDST. How do those compare to A+?
  • Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    Hi congrats,

I am taking the exam in two weeks, what type of material
    did you use to study, what sort of questions are there on
    the exam, any customer service type questions. What
    subjects should I concentrate on. thanks, Rick
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! As for Network+ vs. MCDST. . . well, that's all up to you. The Network+ is an "intro to network engineering" type of cert, working more with topologies, switches, routers, that sort of thing. Very helpful in almost all areas of IT. The MCDST is more of an "intro to systems administration" type of cert, working more on the computers. (In this case, working as a helpdesk or support tech, working with Windows XP, and soon, Vista.)

It all depends on where you want to go. I'd say lean towards the Network+, since it gives you a broader base of knowledge, seeing as how you already have A+. The MCDST won't hurt you either, but some people feel it's not worth the effort if you're going to go for MCSE or if you're heading off into another area, like CCNA, for example.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.