Options

4000m Upgrade problem - SOLVED

cambeicambei Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I have a 4000m with 4/4 and I tried upgrading the IOS to a 12.x version which was about 3.9mb big, compressed. When the router is powered on, the IOS cannot load due to a buffer overflow.

Now, I backed up the IOS to a local TFTP server, but am at a lass as to how to copy it back as the ROMON is VERY basic and there is no way I can bring up an interface and copy from tftp.

I am buying some more DRAM as we speak from anthonypanda so it should work once there is enough memory to hold the IOS, but in the meantime, can I salvage it anyway to boot to the old IOS again?

I really want this router to work because it has a 4port serial module in it now and would make a great frame switch.

Comments

• Options
    Aha.

I have just found out that the procedure is to do it from the xboot image not ROMMON as it has basic network support.

I will try this out tonight hopefully :D

Cheers.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the memory for a 2500 and 3600 will run in these as well. if you need to get the costs down or up icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Hi Keenon, I just ordered a 16mb simm for it before actually. And I have succesfully put the old IOS back on it so I can use it in the mean time.

Also bought a couple more cables so I can use it as a frame switch :D