Options

Passed today

EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
Despite the test engine crashing 6 times during my exam, I managed to pass with an 889. I used the MS Press Book, Sybex, Transcender practice exams, Microsoft TechNotes, and the tech notes from here. I also support a Server 2003 domain with 40 XP clients.

One thing I would highly recommend is to not just use one book. There were a number of topics that were not sufficiently covered in the MS Press Book. Overall it was an enjoyable exam to study and prepare for. I learned a bunch and am lookin forward to studying for the 290.

I ran into tons of backup and VPN/RRAS questions. I had one or two Bluetooth, which were fairly easy to answer if you've used Bluetooth at all. A big thank you to the entire Techexams community, all the informatoin on this site was extremely helpful!

Comments

• Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Congrats!!! . How long did you prepare for ?
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
  • Options
    I studied for about 2 months with Virtual PC testing out each of the objectives. It was probably a bit longer than I needed, but the material was very interesting. =)
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job, and nice score, especially with the stress of 6 crashes. icon_thumright.gif

You must be cool under pressure, a great advantage in the IT business. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    vexsusvexsus Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!!!
    MCP MCSA OSCP
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job. Sorry to hear that your exam crashed 6 times on you. Good score on top of that. I've heard of people losing their cool due to 1 crash, let alone 6! Good score at that. Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! About the test engine crashing....just curious, was that at a Prometric testing center or a VUE testing center? I've heard people say in the past that Prometric ones tend to crash often. I've always used VUE and never had one crash.
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
  • Options
    Yep it was the Prometric. I've taken three exams there in the past and never had a problem. Maybe a recent update to the testing engine is causing a bit of chaos.
  • Options
    A_AA_A Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    guys,any body ca tell me,which practice exams are good , I am using Thomson Course learning and MCSE practice exams and some online free sites. I am thinking to take test by end of this month?.... icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif