RHCE Question->

sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys - new here to the linux forum :P

I just got offered a job where I will be trained to get RHCE certified. I have one month before I started the job so I wanted to know which materials I should get?

I am new to Linux - however they are providing training to get me through this.

I wanted to get material related to RHCE so I could get started studying and preparing one month before I start.

Thanks..

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Download and install CentOS, it's closer to Red Hat than Fedora.
    Congrats on the job! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sprky -

The company uses RedHat Fedora so I will be installing that - I might get a few books on it as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh, well then use Fedora! icon_lol.gif

However, for preparing for the RHCE exam, I still recommend CentOS (unless you can afford a copy of Red Hat). And this book always looked tempting to me, but I don't have the time to invest in the RHCE right now so never bought it:

http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Engineer-Linux-Exam-RH302/dp/0072253657
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Sprky -

Thanks and a few questions..

Is this the right one to DL ? -CentOS 4.4 i386.

Can I dual install Fedora and CentOS?

I want to use both and thanks again for the help.
    Also -

How much is it to take this test and where are the centers as to where you can take it?

Thanks..
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I heard that the test is around 800 dollars. I don't know where test centers are located. If you are using an Intel machine to install it on then that one will work. The i386 specifies the architecture. i = Intel 386 is for their 386 line of CPU's.
    Thanks!

I got Fedora Core installed last night and will get CentOS on their soon.
  • gem.inigem.ini Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Oh, well then use Fedora! icon_lol.gif

However, for preparing for the RHCE exam, I still recommend CentOS (unless you can afford a copy of Red Hat). And this book always looked tempting to me, but I don't have the time to invest in the RHCE right now so never bought it:

http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Engineer-Linux-Exam-RH302/dp/0072253657

I own this book... It is an excellent training kit and along with its RHCT is one of the best resources (and few) that really prepare you for this tough exam... icon_idea.gif
    "Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own."