Options

should i continue studying for the current exam

cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey ,im wondering should i continue to study for the current security exam since comptia is planning to update this test, i decided on the sybex and syngress books. i have one chapter left to read for the sybex book and thinking of getting the syngress book soon. i imagine that i probably would be taking the exam sometime between end of the year and end of january, anyway i just dont wana be studying for the current test and then the new test come out before i get to take it., since comptia hasnt come with a realease date yet... does anyone have an idea how long it may be before the test is

should i get the next book and continue on with my studies?
wht do yall think......?

Comments

• Options
    thealphathealpha Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am wondering the same. I can't seem to find out if the update is just a refresh of questions, or a complete rework. Those who know please share!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, you should continue to study for the current exam. Security+ covers the basics of security, which won't all change suddenly. Some topics will probably be expanded/added, and maybe some bits may even be removed, but overall the basic will remain the same.