Options

Passed BSCI last November 9 2006

Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed last 9th of november 2006 with a score of 875 not bad.
I used Cisco Press, Sybex 5th edition, CBT nuggets, Dyanmips and real Cisco Routers, Boson Netsim.

After the exam I just enjoy the night and celebrate, the next day I start reading about BCMSN. Is this exam difficult, I can say that BSCI is easy than this switching technologies.

I already scheduled in the mid of December and would appreciate if you could give me some advice.

Comments

• Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

Good luck for BCMSN :D
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Congrats!!! I found the BCMSN easy but others say it was more difficult the BSCI!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I am now in a hurry for the BCSMSN, some topics I can still remember from CCNA. In the exam do I need to know how to configure etherchannel I understand what it is, before I thought it will increase BW.
    It' s just like load balancing
  • Options
    TuNeSTuNeS Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It has been a while since I have done BCMSN, but you need to know etherchannel in detail. Know how to configure it, troubleshoot it and look at 2 sets of setups and explain why the etherchannel cant be created.

I found the BSCI easier as the material available better covers it and I use routing a fair bit. I found BCRAN the hardest with the BCMSN inbetween....Time for CIT now.
  • Options
    Brain-DrainBrain-Drain Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the BCMSN in March. I was hit with lots of Spanning-tree. MST, PVST, basic configuration, troubleshooting....the whole spectrum. There was also a few multicast configuration questions, and some security. I didn't have many questions on Etherchannel, but I have heard other people got lots.

There is nothing regarding CatOS on the test anymore so don't waste time learning that configuration.

I'm cramming for the BSCI myself right now. I'm taking it at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon!! I better get back to it.

Good luck!
    CCVP in progress

QoS - studying
    cVoice -
    TUC -
    CIPT -
    GWGK -

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Ching01

Etherchannel increases bandwidth by combining pairs of FastEthernet or Gigabit Ethernet ports into one logical link/channel/port. It does load balance based on source or destination addresses. You can specify this.

By the way you should know and be able to configure Etherchannel in detail (PAGP and LACP) as well as M'cast, Voice, STP,RSTP,MSTP,VLANS,SECURITY, High availabilty protocols (HSRP,GLBP,VRRP)......Understand each point on the blueprint in as much detail as you can because I guarantee you will get atleast one question from each blueprint point.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons