I think I'm ready

boatguy1982boatguy1982 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I am ready to take the A+ Hardware in about 2 weeks. I have some brushing up to do on older cpu's, socket/slots, and modem commands. But I actually know the IRQ,DMA, I/O (not memorized) I was having trouble with those. I am very strong in all the objectives and medium strong in the problems I described above. But all in all I think I am ready I am passing test exams in the 90% range. I am so nervous this is my first ever exam and I have no Idea what to expect. But I have been practicing doing my own "labs" and computer repairs for people so we will see....

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    You're probably ready :)

What books/resources have you been using to prepare?
    Don't forget the TechNotes if you haven't already been through them:
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

The first exam can be a little unnerving, but keep in mind the A+ has the lowest required passing score, so you'll have a little leway for nerves. Review, ask your last few questions a couple days prior, get lots of rest and go take it :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • boatguy1982boatguy1982 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm does everything I see regarding A+ count as what I have been reading? :)

Hmm, Technotes, SYBEX, Exam Cram, NETG A+ course, the forums, and alot of self study. Plus I know this sounds kind of stupid, but I make up these imaginary labs with my spare computer and have myself go fix whatever I break.

I know I read its an easy pass, but I don't want just a pass I want a score that I can say look I didn't just pass my A+ I know A+.
  • powerman7tpowerman7t Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It sounds like you are ready. You'll do good, just don't lose sleep on it icon_lol.gif .