combining unallocated disk space

cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
My one (and only) hard drive in my PC has 16 GBs of unallocated disk space that I would like to combine with another volume (C). My "C" volume is the only other volume on this hard drive. I can't seem to find a way to add that unallocated disk space to my "C" volume. I'm using WinXP Pro. Any advice?
Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If your C: was originally a basic disk upgraded to a dynamic disk it will never happen. As a matter of fact, I don't remember the exact error message, but it may be that you cannot expand/increase the C: under any circumstances. At least not with Windows. Maybe someone else knows off the top of their head.

Your next option would simply be to either purchase a larger hard drive and use the included software to copy everything to your new drive and then make it your primary, or else purchase something like Partition Magic (not sure if it is still called that since purchased by Symantec).
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I use partition magic for resizing, but as mentioned above, Windows may prevent based on what kind of disk it is. I have version 8, and I've never had a problem. The software is still called Partition Magic, and it's still on Version 8 according to Symantec.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, a friend had a copy of Partition Magic and that did the trick. :D
    Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!