Options

Taking the test on Friday

What can I expect?
I've read a free book given to me it is a Syngress book for the 70-215 from 2000. I've also done practice tests from here and mcmcse.com
Just from reading the book there seems to be a good amount of overlap from the 70-270... Is this true of the test?

I'm just trying to get a general idea of the what to expect. With any luck I will pass this one on the first attempt and then move on to the 70-218 and have an MCSA 2000.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm not sure you'll see a lot of overlap, or any at all, as 270 is based on XP, and 215 is 2000. Maybe the basic tasks are similar, but I don't even remember the seeing XP at all on my 215 exam. I used the Sybex books, and they don't mention XP at all. Also, 270 is focused on an Client type OS, while 215 is a Server OS, much different tasks between the two. Maybe someone else can offer better than that, regardless, it's a M$ exam, so be ready for the standard M$ questions. Long, and confusing. Read them through and through to make sure you don't miss anything....hth
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    the main overlap I see tends to be with basics like File systems, permissions, disk management, installation and things of that nature. As I have not yet taken the exam I don't know if that stuff will be hit on as much but I will find out.
  • Options
    I got hit on permissions big time, I clearly remember that! It was, and still is my weakpoint. I understand the concept, but I always have to check my book if I have a question. I'm sure if I worked them on a daily basis, they would stick. I would also make sure you can do RIS and unattended installs....
  • Options
    Permissions I got down no problem.... As for RIS and unattended installs... Well, I had to hit those hard for the XP exam because I don't ever really get a chance to do them.... So I know I will have to refresh my memory on thsoe topics again.
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    i also agree with ricka182, got lots of questions on permissions, some RIS and unattended installs plus the usual random stuff.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    Good deal!
    The more I study the better I feel about taking this exam. I guess I will let you all know on Friday if I pass or not.
  • Options
    Another thing to do, is look at each objective, and make sure you fully understand it. If there's any question on a particular part, take another look at your material for that subject, and go over it again.